[thelist] SEO questions - Another Question

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 22:55:06 CST 2003

Hi...

It looks like the initial gut of the thread has been lost... I'm reposting
the following/initial thread which has posed the initial question I'm trying
to answer... If you note, we're not discussing traditional "link farms"...

And again, I stress, that this is probably a question answered by someone
who has serious understanding/knowledge of SEs and how they really work.....

Thanks....

---------------------------start--------------
hi...

Pretty sure this has been asked/answered/discussed before.. but I'll give it
a shot.

Google (and other SEs) uses algorithms to determine the ranking of the page
within a listed index of sites for a given search query. To some extent the
algorithms make use of the number of sites/links that point to you, as well
as the number of sites that you link to.

The algorithms also appear to try to incorporate quality of the various
sites being linked to. There are obviously other parameters to the
algorithms/approaches used by the SEs....

My question... If you assume that the number/quality of sites that link to
you is important.. If I created 1000 sites/pages that had content and then
linked them back to my site, would it affect my ratings once Google got into
crawling through the various sites????

I'm looking for a really good SEO resource who can answer this question....

Thanks

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas at earthlink.net
(925) 866-2790