[thelist] symantec subscription question

Lonnie kr43m0r at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 17:20:19 CST 2003

> I bought a 12-month Norton Anti-virus subscription this April (online),
> but this week, after my hard disk died, I found it necessary to
> re-install the software.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find any information on how to get hold of a copy
> of the software and reactivate my subscription to finish off the
> remaining 4 months it has left to run.
>
> I've searched and searched on Symantec's site, and I can't find anything
> about this - all I have is my purchase receipt and my customer number,
> not kind of activation code or anything.

I upgraded to WinXP and found MY purchased version of NAV wouldn't work. I
went ahead and bought the most recent version, then emailed Norton to
question my previous unused subscription.

They very kindly wrote me back and within a few days informed me that my
subscription to the new had been extended to include the old. I all offered
was my receipt and customer number for the old - no problem.

Sometimes all you have to do is ask!