[thelist] Flash App + Offline Database/Data Files on Hard Drive

arief at mmu.edu.my arief at mmu.edu.my
Mon Dec 29 06:45:37 CST 2003

Dear eVolters,

I really need your expert advice here..:D
I'm about to develop a cd-based flash application. The application can
record/track user's history/information locally into the
hard-drive(Windows-based) since we're not using webservices and we're
unable to write into CD-ROM. How can I achieve that?

I'm thinking of using FlashMX's SharedObject... but I'm afraid our data
will be much bigger and navigation will be much complex for SharedObject
to handle.

Other than that, I'm thinking of using XML files as the data file. But I
still couldn't find any resources that can let Flash write files into
hard-drive(except SharedObject). If anyone has some ideas... please shed
some light on me.

Thank you in advance
AZJ