[thelist] IE6 scrolling problem

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 18:48:27 CST 2003

Hi, I was fiddling on a page with a CSS/no-table layout that used
positioning rather than floats and all was well until I tested it out
on IE6 on Windows (XP). One of the pages wouldn't scroll.

I searched around on the web and found a suitable hack that worked
(adding a height of 1% to the offending <div>), but it seemed that all
descriptions of this problem that I could find said it had something to
do with IE6 and floats. But I wasn't using floats, so I guess I was
just lucky that the hack worked. I'm wondering if there is any other
info about this scroll issue.