[thelist] website uptime

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 04:12:51 CST 2004

Hi

I have a fairly low-traffic site which has gone offline two or three times
recently, for maybe a few hours at a stretch. The client is unhappy with
this. I'm talking to the hosting company about their solutions, but I
wonder, what does the list think? It's just HTML/PHP.

Ideally, what I'd love is a prioritised list of things to do, in order of
priority. So for instance, move to a decent host might be one step (UK
recommendations?), but there might be easier and cheaper steps first, and
more complex steps later. I'd probably tackle step one first, wait for the
next downtime, then tackle step two and continue until there's no more
downtime.

Anyways, your thoughts would be appreciated :-)

Best regards