[thelist] table height: 100% with CSS

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 04:42:59 CST 2004

>> I can't see how to make
>> a table 100% high in CSS.
>>
>> I'm trying to make a manual form that looks sensible onscreen
>> but which prints three columns so the user can print and fill
>> out by hand. Without putting loads of <br>s in I can't see
>> how to make the table a full page deep.

> It's complicated. See http://www.quirksmode.org/css/100percheight.html
>
> - Wil

Thanks Wil, but do I understand this right? Since we can only make
elements 100% of the viewport, not the whole page, I'm stuffed as far as
print stylesheet goes? Or is there a print equivalent to the viewport,
which would be equal to the paper size I guess?

If so, do I really have to fall back on proprietary doc or pdf formats or
is there an alternative? I do want to include the company logo, so I don't
think rtf allows that, right?

And if pdf, what's people's favourite way to create a PDF? I don't think I
have a method atm.

Cheers