[thelist] Error reporting to our site

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Jan 5 17:43:21 CST 2004

>Anyone have any ideas .. or even other third party companies that provide
>this service so that I can compare offerings?

This is the kind of service you don't have to pay for.

You need a simple perl script combine with .htaccess
to find all 404 on your side.

If you need more info, just ask.

Gilles B.

It's not to find 404's on *our* site .. it's to find sites that are linking
to us with incorrect links.  Currently I'm using Xenu to check our links and
will create a custom 404 page that sends me the referrers for the new site.

What I'm looking for at the moment is a service that checks links TO our
site, those that are resulting in errors. It's what the current company is
providing for us, and I'm hoping to find another solution.

Thanks,

Michele