[thelist] Re: Dealing with scrolling

Michael Harrington mike0351 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 17:58:53 CST 2004

In humble opinion, I like Web sites better where the home page does not have scroll bars. I like a few buttons, links, drop down menus, etc. that give me a short but good description of that subject and sub subjects. Much like an outline of a manuscript.

The other pages I don't mind scrolling unless it gets to be very long. Then bookmarks to selected sections (if possible) are helpful. I browse sites giving an in-depth explanation of VB code. They break the article up into several pages with page numbers at the bottom that you can click on to jump to
whatever page you want to get to.

I like Web pages that have a "previous" and "home" buttons on them instead of having to click on the browser's back button.

Mike