[thelist] z-index on unordered list does not stick

Scott Blanchard octigonuser at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:49:46 CST 2004

I have a flyout menu created from an unordered list. I cannot seem to get
the z-index to stick on the list's container ul element. It works fine in
Netscape/Moz, but IE will not obey unless I put a z-index of -1 on the div
which I need the menu to appear above. When I do this, the div whose z index
is -1 disappears in Netscape/Moz.

Does ie have a problem setting z-index on unordered list items?