[thelist] ununload confirm() handler. Do you want to proceed?

Scott Blanchard octigonuser at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:25:38 CST 2004

Is it possible to create some sort of function that is fired just prior to
the page unloading, that will give the user a confirm dialog, asking if they
really want to unload the page? Example, "If you continue, you will lose any
changes that have not been saved. Continue?"

I have an editor that is in a high traffic frameset. This frameset is the
target of many redirects and I want to control unloading of a particular
document from within the document rather than having to place a function in
each page that calls on the frameset.

I would greatly appreciate any help.