[thelist] MS Access CREATE TABLE

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jan 6 21:19:50 CST 2004

Personally, I would just fork out the US$49.95 and get SQL Server Developer
Edition (same feature as SQL Server Enterprise Edition, but the licence
limits you to development work only). Then you get client tools etc, and a
full blown copy of SQL Server to do you work with.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/development.asp

Cheers
Ken

Microsoft MVP - Windows Server (IIS)

From: "Joshua Olson" <joshua at waetech.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] MS Access CREATE TABLE

: ----- Original Message -----
: From: "David Mitchell" <dave at dbmdata.com>
: Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:00 PM
:
: > > You could always "upsize" it to MS SQL and then use the tools you are
: > > familar with.
:
: > I'd love to, but the client won't go for it. So I'm stuck.
:
: David,
:
: Most clients I've worked with won't upsize to SQL Server because of the
: cost.  Microsoft offers a FREE version of SQL Server that is perfect for
low
: traffic sites.  Since the site is running off of Access, this FREE SQL
: Server should be a really good fit.
:
: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/default.asp
:
: If you decide to go this route, you'll quickly see that it doesn't include
: Enterprise Manager.  To get EM, pull down the evaluation version of the
full
: SQL Server and then install only the "client tools".
:
: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/default.asp
:
: Best of luck,