[thelist] MS Access CREATE TABLE

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jan 6 21:48:01 CST 2004

From: "Joshua Olson" <joshua at waetech.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] MS Access CREATE TABLE

: > Personally, I would just fork out the US$49.95 and get SQL Server
: Developer
: > Edition (same feature as SQL Server Enterprise Edition, but the licence
: > limits you to development work only). Then you get client tools etc, and
: > full blown copy of SQL Server to do you work with.
: >
: > http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/development.asp
:
: Ken,
:
: Agreed, for development.  For production, however, this won't be a valid
: license.  If the site is low traffic, MSDE is a good product for the cost.
:
: Joshua Olson

I was referring to getting the client tools....

Additionally, I assume the OP needs to do his development work somewhere,
and unless he wants to do it on the production database, I would recommend
getting the Developer edition.

The database needs to be hosted on a production box somewhere, in which case
I agree that getting a licence to run MSDE is a good recommendation.

Cheers
Ken