[thelist] How to pass variables between 2 SWF movies

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Wed Jan 7 06:03:11 CST 2004

Hi AZJ,

Do you mean that under a parent movie a child swf ends and initiates
another child level swf.

e.g.

Main.swf

	movie1.swf --> movie2.swf

Or do you mean that one move initiates another.

movie1.swf --> movie2.swf

It makes a difference since you can take advantage of the parent to hold
child accessible variables

Perhaps if you try to explain how you have it set up and what you are
using to initiate the second movie it would give the list a better idea
of what you trying to acheive?

In the interim take a look at the use of levels in flash. OR global
variables (in particular variable scope).

--
Christopher Joseph

-------------------
[Internet]