[thelist] PHP: include not getting variable

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Jan 7 07:59:56 CST 2004

[snip]
I had used this technique before and it worked, now it doesn't. I have a
page template with a navigation include. Before the include I set a
variable to indicate what page I'm on. The navigation include is
supposed to read that variable, and then add a class to the
appropriate anchor.

Here is the exact PHP code:

<?php $pagetag = "home"; ?>
<?php include("/includes/navigation.php");?>
[/snip]

Have you upgraded PHP lately? That may have caused some changes. Set
error_reporting to E_ALL and it'll give you more clues