[thelist] How to pass variables between 2 SWF movies

Arief Zaki B Jumodi arief at erp21.com.my
Wed Jan 7 21:07:12 CST 2004

Thank you very much Mr. Christopher & Mr. Guy Bowden

To Mr. Guy Bowden:
-I've tried '_global' naming on my variables.. but it seems not working

To Mr. Cristopher:
-I mean this one.. :D
> movie1.swf --> movie2.swf

Thanks for the help.. I think I have the solution for now(it seems working
for me). Instead of using _global prefix, i used something else.. as
follow:

I defined this var in movie1.swf
Object.prototype.myGlobalVar = "This is my global var";

then in movie1.swf .. I called loadmovienum(movie2.swf)..
and in movie2.swf.. I display those global var..
trace(Object.prototype.myGlobalVar);

and it works :)

i'm referring to this book.. ActionScript The Definitive Guide or
http://skaiste.elekta.lt/Books/O'Reilly/Bookshelfs/books/webdesign/action/ch02_05.htm

if anyone got any advanced technique.. i'm willing to learn ;)
Thanks again
AZJ