[thelist] opinions on logos

Jono Young Jono at brookgroup.com
Thu Jan 8 09:00:26 CST 2004

I too like the left side more than right.  My comments:
1.) The kerning in the word "joel" are inconsistent, the space between the
"j" and "o" is much greater than the "o" and "e", as well as the "e" and
"l".
2.)  Maybe have just the word "joel" big, and the "the web guy" below "joel"
on one line.  This would decrease the space the logo takes up, and maybe
help in resizing the logo.
3.)  To me, the font selection say print more than web.  Perhaps a Sans
Serif font would work better?  Really, it is up to you since it's your logo.

I posted a quick mockup of an idea (minus font selection) on my personal
space, take a look.  It will only be up for a while, so if you want go ahead
and nab the gif from the site...if you like my approach?

<http://home.comcast.net/~ox4dboy/round1/joel.html>

Good luck!

--
Jono Young