[thelist] Parsing/aggregating RSS in ColdFusion

Megan Golding mgolding at secureworks.com
Thu Jan 8 14:18:13 CST 2004

I need to test an RSS aggregator written for ColdFusion but don't have a
test environment. Do you have one and are you willing to post some code? Let
me know if you have a few minutes to spare.

Background: I produce an RSS feed for my company. We want to distribute this
as syndicated content ready-to-go for webmasters. I'll tell them, "here's a
script that you can drop into a web page and it'll get the RSS file from my
site, parse it, then display the info on your site."

I have an aggregator written in PHP (see
http://www.secureworks.com/getContent/aggregator.php). Many of my potential
consumers run ColdFusion sites, which I don't know at all. So, I found a
ColdFusion script to parse an RSS feed (see
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0MLU/8_5/106770602/p3/article.jhtml?term
=), which I want to test before I try to hand it out to my RSS consumers.

Once I get this working, I'll post a full description.

Megan Golding -- Webmaster -- SecureWorks -- (404) 486-4452
             Rock-solid Internet security.
             No hassles. No headcount. No capital outlay.