[thelist] Search Engine Optimization

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Thu Jan 8 15:38:11 CST 2004

Andrew wrote:

>I have been looking a little deeper into this too (although not how many times
>google hits my site a month), more about how the spiders work and what is best.
>
>I was recently sent this link I hope it help :)
>http://www.stargeek.com/crawler_sim.php

all this is is a script that gets the url output and strips the tags
from the page. I seriously doubt it is helpful for SEO or gives any real
idea about how a search engine 'sees' your page. To me this article

http://www7.scu.edu.au/programme/fullpapers/1921/com1921.htm

helped me understand a little of how Google works, as well as articles
from sites like http://searchenginewatch.com/

good luck :)

--
	Paul Bennett