[thelist] flaky JavaScript rollovers

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Fri Jan 9 13:05:07 CST 2004

Hey all,

I've been getting some flaky error messages that I think have to do with
the way the page loads (and items possibly not being available at the
right time). Sometimes I get the error messages, and sometimes I don't.
I'm wondering if anyone can see what obviously dumb mistakes I've made. :)
There are three generic types of pages (each using different functions):

	http://www.pepperspress.com
	http://pepperspress.com/invitations/contemporary.html
	http://pepperspress.com/invitations/chong.html (usually in a pop-up
	window)

	the javascript page is at:
	http://pepperspress.com/Template/pp.js

	Note in the rollover functions (rollIn and rollOut) if I change the line
	with document[which] to document.which the rollover stops working all
	together...which is weird, because that /should/ work, no?

The rollovers "work" in both IE 6 and Firebird 0.7 (Linux). But I'm not
convinced the preLoad()s are working. All pages /should/ validate as XHTML
1.0 Transitional (but let me know if you find errors as I've only tested
about half of them).

thanks,
emma

--