[thelist] CSS Nav Woes

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 03:40:09 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 02:32:06 -0600, Russ
<russ at unrealisticexpectations.com> wrote:

> I've built a fairly simply navigation in CSS that I'm having difficulty
> with.
> Does anyone have any ideas?  If you would like to see a URL, I can email
> you one off-list for the sample.

A recent discussion about dashed borders leads me to understand that IE
incorrectly draws the border *outside* the background color of the box and
over the background color of whatever container the box is in.

if you have a border the same color as the containers background it won't
show in IE6.

maybe that has something to do with it?

hth

--
listening to: "if you don't know me by now" by David Brent
http://www.xebit.net/