[thelist] Flash MX 2004

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 03:19:00 CST 2004

> Is it just me? Or did I get a defective copy? Or is it buggy?

I've been playing too, and worked through the start of the tutorial and
really loved it (from a starting position of being 'against in principle'
:-) ).

Now I have to re-do a button once or twice a week and it can take me an
hour to get it sorted. I work through my notes and sometimes it works,
sometimes not. The help I got from others seems to work more reliably than
the tutorials. And while it seems responsive and you think intuitive when
you're running through the tutorial, I am finding it quite difficult to
use.

I've not noticed any missing options though. But there are lots of 'modes'
and you don't get the options you want if you're in the wrong mode.

I have to make the choice between developing a fairly detailed facility in
Flash or SVG in a few months time, that should be an interesting decision
:-)