[thelist] Layout Problem - Help Please

Alexis Antonakis admin at antonakis.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 14:40:09 CST 2004

Ron,

I managed to do the following, which seems to work fine in all the
browsers I've tested it on (Firebird, Mozilla, Netscape & Opera), except
for most versions of I.E.
I.E. 3 worked fine, but 5.0, 5.5 & 6.0 wouldn't (I couldn't test on
4.0), which makes me suspect that these versions use different
formatting for displaying tables than all the other browsers. Not much
help I know but I'd thought I'd mention it anyway...perhaps you could
put on your site something like 'Best viewed on any browser EXCEPT
Internet Explorer' ;o)

Regards
Alexis

Anyway here is my attempt:

|           |                                |
|           |                                |
|           |                                |
|  a        |              b                 |
|           |                                |
|           |                                |
|           |                                |
|   --      |--------------------------------|
|    a1     |      d1       |     e1         |
|-----------|     --        |       --       |
|    c      |      d        |       e2       |
|           |               |                |
|-----------|---------------|         --     |
|                           |                |
|             f             |      e         |
|                           |                |

<!-- height of a=100 -->
<!-- height of b=100 -->
<!-- height of a1=20 -->
<!-- height of d1=20 -->