[thelist] Re: My 12 year old son can do websites

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 07:33:46 CST 2004

I think the point being overlooked here is what kind of client is
this going to be for you. Having consulted for many years myself,
I've run into very similar situations more than once.

The last time this happened to me, it wasn't the 12-year old, but it
was another "designer" who could "whip up a site in 2 days" and why
was it taking me so long?

Without getting on a tangent on that point - the point I want to make
is this. You can be at least 50% sure this isn't going to be a client
you want. This has WARNING written all over it.

I agree don't insult the son, but take some of the good advice you
got. And if the guy does not get the point the FIRST TIME, I would
walk away and say thanks but no thanks.

My .02

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]