[thelist] free asp file upload component

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jan 16 10:43:51 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah Sweeney" <poohbear at designshift.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 11:37 AM

> Thanks, Norman, that makes sense. What I really don't understand is why
> MS didn't include some kind of object to handle this as part of the ASP
> engine, since it's something that developers use a lot. But I guess only
> the good folks at Microsoft can answer that question :)

Sarah,

MS didn't include the library to do it, but they have included enough
fundamental tools to make it work.  See this link for more information and a
user created library for this:

http://www.asp101.com/articles/jacob/scriptupload.asp

Make sure you read through the whole page because there are numerous updates
and enhanced versions.

Best of luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer