[thelist] Pagination in CFMX

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sat Jan 17 09:00:46 CST 2004

At 03:12 AM 2004-01-16, you wrote:
>I'm trying to do simple (ha!) pagination in ColdFusion MX.  I would
>think it should be fairly simple, but the examples that I'm seeing
>appear to fairly complex, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice as
>to a relatively simple way to achieve this:
>
><< previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | next >>

It's not all that tough, but it does take some getting used to the concepts.

Go to the Macromedia Developer's Exchange and do a search for "previous
next". Scoff other people's work, and learn from it by dissecting it, and
re-writing it to suite your needs.

CF_PageList

This tag will create a Google type page listing where only the specified
number of pages will be listed. For example, if you have 100 pages,
you can choose to only show 10 at a time, such as:

         << 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >>

http://cornfeed.com/index.cfm?p=products

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.