[thelist] PDF generation

Nick Van Eeckhout kaoskoder at pandora.be
Sun Jan 18 06:12:26 CST 2004

We're dealing with a similar problem. On our document view system, we
convert any incoming .doc into a pdf (uploaded through a webfront). The
program (in .net by a colleague) that is doing this is running as a
service. In the program we open a word document by programmatically
opening word and let it print then. The big problem on this one is that
word sometimes hangs. I know of a component in openoffice that could do
the same, but i haven't tried that yet.
We haven't found a way to directly convert a .doc to pdf without having
to print it first (like the 2 suggested links : pdf995 and activepdf),
like you can do with  .html.