[thelist] Is there life after Macromedia?

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Sun Jan 18 13:06:01 CST 2004

1. Html-kit is a (free) open source project that has a lot of the core
functionality you get with DW http://www.chami.com/html-kit/ It's a Windoze
program and works well under Wine on Linux.

2.Firebird  has a number of useful web dev plugins and editing capability
http://mozilla.org/products/firebird/

3. For coding, eclipse is a wonderful IDE and worth the learning curve
http://www.eclipse.org Go to sourceforce.net and search for "eclipse" to get
a list of all the plugins - including css/html/php/sql etc

4. for css, here is a list of css editors: http://nemesis1.f2o.org/tools