[thelist] JavaScript value of text in an option element

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 13:14:17 CST 2004

--- Hassan Schroeder <hassan at webtuitive.com> wrote:
> innerHTML works for me in Moz/Firebird 0.7(Win), at least ...

While that may work, I personally wouldn't suggest doing it that way.
With form elements there is a "proper" (I use the term loosely) way
to get the information you need, and it all works pretty good. I like
to use the correct tool for the job, so to speak! :)

Plus, this will work for you all the way back to browsers in the
stone age, and is foolproof. I wouldn't say the innerHTML way is
going to be real reliable. My .02

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]