[thelist] OT-ish purely image based websites

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 16:03:03 CST 2004

Hi all

This is probably OT, so I'll have to scratch my head for a tip.  I've
got to prepare a seminar on "ontology: what is the essence of a
website?" for an MA I'm studying.  In trying to define what constitutes
a website (is it multiple pages?, must it use HTTP?, is it that users
can link and move in a non-linear manner? is it the electronic delivery
that defines it?), I'm trying to find an example/examples of websites
that have been created using just images - the entire page, text and
all, as an image.  I know that they're few and far between, but does can
anyone help?

Oh - and did very early Web content using HTTP or do I remember reading
somewhere that FTP was mainly used?

Thanks!

Francis