[thelist] JavaScript problem with Netscape 4.7

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net
Thu Jan 22 14:33:14 CST 2004

On Friday 2004 January 16 13:40, Sam Carter wrote:
> The following JavaS will prevent the page's content field from
> becoming too wide on high resolution displays.

That's Javascript, not "JavaS".

> Works great in IE, NS, but not NS 4.7.  I suppose it's because NS 4.7
> doesn't respect how the CSS ID #container width is applied to the
> table:

> But it may be any number of other reasons.

It'll also fail in any browser that doesn't have Javascript or has it
disabled. And the reason it fails in Netscape Navigator 4.7 is, of
course, that it is a piece of junk that never should have been released
as a production version, but you probably already knew that.

Also, it's a feature that the content field stretches to accomodate the
browser window size. Why anyone would want to prevent this feature from
doing its job is beyond me. I certainly don't stretch my browser window
out just to read text crammed into the left half of it.

--
Shawn K. Quinn