[thelist] The best resource for SEO information

liorean liorean at f2o.org
Fri Jan 23 08:09:26 CST 2004

Peter Small wrote:
> As I worked through several hundred of these listing, it became clear
> that nowhere was there a fully comprehensive resource. Taken together,
> it was a confusing morass of subjective opinion and conflicting
> information that could take weeks to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Have a look at <http://www.webmasterworld.com/category3.htm>. It's
widely recognised as the best place for SEO information.

A general key to learn whether your SEO information source is good or not:
- Do they recommend using the meta keywords tag? If so, they don't know
what they are talking about, because only one major search engine still
use it, and the mighty Google only use it to downgrade sites - a
mechanism of protection against SEO abuse - but never for actual search
terms.

--
liorean <mailto:liorean at user.bip.net>

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, ToggleStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets and
Theme Switcher, Cookies Handler scripts:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>