[thelist] Invisible IE content: tables & divs

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Fri Jan 23 09:50:47 CST 2004

Howdy all -

I have bumped into an odd sort of problem with IE re. CSS/table layout
combinations.

When I put tabled content into the main (absolutely positioned) div of a
page, the other content in that div which is not within the table
somehow gets covered up by the <hX> tags or something. Doesn't happen if
there's no table. Honestly, I'm not even sure exactly what it does, but
it's pretty awful. Only happens in IE. Not Moz.

http://tonyczappia.com/comcal/index/01/26/2004/0/0

This has happened a couple of times while working on this site. Mostly
when I am trying to integrate content from other applications that use
tables. I figured out the only way I could fix it was to (hack) put a
tag. Unfortunately that didn't work this time. So it's probably time to
actually figure out what the cause is.

Those interested in helping should look at the above page in both
browsers and let me know what you think is going on there. Is this
anything anyone has seen before? What's the cause and the solution?

TIA,
Bill Haenel