[thelist] border="1"

Dave Holloway daveholloway at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 24 07:22:10 CST 2004

Mike Combs wrote:

> But the cell borders remain. Is there some CSS I've overlooked to
> override the HTML?

Hmm.. well. I couldn't really reproduce your error (in Firebird) when I
set up a test page (the CSS in your original post sorted the problem)..
but if you haven't fixed it yet and you're not against using some mild
javascript, I have written a sample page.
The script on the page dynamically removes the border="1" from the HTML
- hopefully making Mozilla ignore it.

The border="1" is only removed in newer browsers. Older browsers will
still see it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.seess.co.uk/dave/css-d/to-border-or-not-to-border/index.htm

Little Dave