[thelist] asp ... I'm beginneing to believe one can't really update a record using it! :(

Lightning oktellme at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 24 14:11:22 CST 2004

The message I get is:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.

Having searched on this error message, there seems to be a wide consensus
the problem is

IUSR_MACHINENAME and what I must do is provide this entity with some more
permissions.

Good enough.

After hours of web-searching, the only pertinent advice on HOW TO improve
IUSR_MACHINENAME's permission, is to ask your internal web guy.

Being an organization of one, I asked myself and got no coherent answer.

There was only one other piece of advice I could get, and this advice - lots
of sites concurred. That is "giving permissions is dangerous to do.

As you can see, I am getting pretty punchy here. I apologize. Meanwhile, can
someone help me out of my funk?

thanks, Laura