[thelist] SNIMTA_SPAM Re

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Jan 24 23:22:15 CST 2004

From: "Ken Schaefer" <ken at adOpenStatic.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 10:39 PM

> Actually, you'd see something like:
>
> ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)
> Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of
the
> provider, or of the selected locktype.
> /test/updatetest.asp, line 17

Ken,

Ok, I was wrong.  Sorry about any confusion I created.  Nice to know
someone's paying attention.  :-)

<tip type="Mail Server" author="Joshua Olson">
Looking for decent and inexpensive mail server solution for Windows?  Check
out Mail Enable (http://www.mailenable.com).  One of my favorite features is
the ability to create custom events to handle new mail as it comes in.
There are plenty of example scripts written in VBS to work from.  With the
ease of scripting the pick-up event you could easily log to a database all
mail that moves through the system, add custom filters, insert headers and
footer, or whatever you'd like.  The standard edition is Free... the
Professional version is less than $200 (which includes, btw, a webmail
interface built in ASP and a web admin panel designed for use by post office
admins (which you can set up per post office) so that they can add email
addresses, manage mailing lists, etc.  While it may not be the fastest
engine out there, for the cost it's a fairly complete solution.
</tip>

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.