[thelist] CSS (IE and NE)

Trent Whaley u233 at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 26 10:19:00 CST 2004

On January 26, 2004 06:35 am, help eachother wrote about "[thelist] CSS (IE
and NE)":

> with left and right borders in IE6.2 with no borders in IE4 and is
> displayed in a vertical strange manner in NE4.5 and NE4.7.

Unless you have a reason to believe a lot of your visitors are using NN 4, I
wouldn't worry about getting the same look out of it. NN 4.x is VERY far from
CSS compliant, and quite rare now.

Much more common practice now is to try for the same look with IE 6, NN 6+,
and Mozilla, and make sure the site is still USABLE on NN 4, lynx, etc.