[thelist] OT-ish purely image based websites

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Mon Jan 26 19:02:41 CST 2004

> I'm trying to find an example/examples of websites
> that have been created using just images - the entire page, text and
> all, as an image.

Plenty of splash screens do this:
e.g. this apallingly designed one:
http://www.global.greens.org.au/

and here's another website made entirely from lots of small images, no text, no ALT text.
http://www.liquidaudio.com/

To the person who devils advocated "why should a website have to have alt text?", one other point is that ALT text is not just for users with disabilities, ALT text is also for search engines. The page above doesn't rate highly in the search engines since there is no text or ALT text to index.

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex