[thelist] IIS ASP Woes

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jan 27 18:18:21 CST 2004

PRB: Configured Identity Is Incorrect for IWAM Account
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=297989

This is usually caused because the passwords stored by IIS or Component
Services is out-of-sync with the actual password for the IWAM or IUSR
accounts. Resolution(s) are listed in the KB article.

Cheers
Ken

Microsoft MVP - Windows Server (IIS)

From: "Hershel Robinson" <hershelr at netvision.net.il>
Subject: RE: [thelist] IIS ASP Woes

: >> ASP, however, does NOT appear to run. I get an HTTP 500 - Internal
: >> server error for ASP pages.
: >
: > What exactly is the error? Using IE, go to Tools > Internet Options >
: > Advanced and uncheck the option for "show friendly http error
: > messages". Refresh your ASP page again, and you should see more
: > detail about the error.
:
: You are a smart guy, Ken. The error said to look in the event log. I did
and
: I found this:
:
: The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'.  The error was
: 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity
is
: incorrect.  Check the username and password.
: '.
: For additional information specific to this message please visit the
: Microsoft Online Support site located at:
: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
:
: and then this:
:
: DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable
: logon .\IWAM_HERSHEL-2000 in order to run the server:
: {3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}
:
: and also this:
:
: The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'IUSR_HERSHEL-2000'
: due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
: password.  The data is the error code.
: For additional information specific to this message please visit the
: Microsoft Online Support site located at:
: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
:
: It would appear that I am lacking iuser and iwam. I understand these were
: supposed to be made automatically when I installed IIS. How precisely
should
: I rectify this situation?