Old Browsers and security - Was Re: [thelist] Site review please

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Thu Jan 29 09:52:40 CST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:55:10 +0100, Thibaut Allender wrote
> on 28/01/2004 15:53, Chris Marsh wrote :
>
> > Not really, it's like using an old CD player to play CDs.
>
> nope, netscape 4 doesn't support css (or so few), so it's a tape
> player, not a cd player :)

The original simile is so flawed it's hardly worth debating, but just because
some developers are incapable of allowing their sites to degrade gracefully
in older browsers doesn't reflect on the global validity of a given browser.
If I were to lapse into the inapplicable morality of a previous poster, I may
posit that some web developers don't deserve to be web developers.

Regards

Chris Marsh