Old Browsers and security - Was Re: [thelist] Site review please

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Thu Jan 29 12:58:56 CST 2004

I keep starting to reply to the thread I started, realising it's old news
and in fear of starting a further over-heated discussion I hesitate.

I don't know why I'm reading about CSS, I don't know any security issues
with CSS.  I must have lost the thread of this thread somewhere.

It's security.  Would you not tell your neighbour they've left their keys in
their front door?

If you could have a system whereby anybody who had left their keys in their
front door could be alerted, would it be too nannyish to implement?

I'd like to implement something my company's sites, there are some good
arguments for it, and I think it can be done at low-cost.  The arguments
against I am taking into consideration too.

If you can't upgrade your browser, fine, but at least you know the risks.
Seems fair to me.

If you agree with that, what are the target browsers?  The wording of any
message I am working on, with the help from the Evolteers' reactions.  And
yes I've scrapped my original plan to hide the site from them :)