[thelist] Hand Coding vs. WYSIWYGs [was 12yr old]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 17:25:22 CST 2004

--- Ken Moore <psm2713 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So what is the problem? There is also an old programmers saying:
> There is Speed, Quality, and Low Price. Select any two.

Wait, is it me or is that a goofy saying? Can I choose quality and
low price? Sometimes, but not always. Speed and quality? sometimes
but not always. That's a goofy saying.

> This, sadly, is also TRUE.
> Those who stress Speed and Quality usually work for corporations
> where money is not the major concern. Others need to compromise
> somewhat, usually on Quality.

That's way too general, and thus, not true in any real sense.

> Not everyone can make the choice that otherwise is clearly correct.

I'm not sure what you mean. Choices demand context. Are you saying
hand-coding is clearly correct? Or are you saying something else?

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]