[thelist] Explorer market share down in 2003?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:28:58 CST 2004

Hello,

While studying the browser stats that I happen to have available, it seemed
to me that Explorer has lost a bit of market share in 2003. I wondered if
anyone had seen the same trend, or the reverse.

In an interview in the Singapore Straits Times (now unfortunately offline),
browser expert Charles Upsdell was quoted saying he thought Explorer had
lost about 5% of the market. I myself am more cautious and conservative, and
would settle for 1 to 2%.

The matter goes beyond a simple browser market share adjustment, since this
would be the first year ever that Explorer loses market share instead of
gaining it. Therefore I'd like to have second, third and fourth opinions
before Officially Proclaiming that Explorer is losing ground.

Comments anyone?

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.quirksmode.org/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/