[thelist] Email Obfuscation may be beaten?

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 12:41:29 CST 2004

At 18:34 01/02/2004, you wrote
>No bot can read the php source.. ;-)
>They only read the html source and $encoded=""; doesn't appear in it.

if I give you a file with text in it you can read it,

my 404 page (404page.php) has HTML/php in it and I can read
it in wordpad/notepad the php is gone when it is viewed in MSIE or NS

thus if a webpage file has php in it but it is not "rendered"
I can see it... or am I dense?

I really wanted to see how I inserted johnbullas<at>hotmail.com into it.....
and still avoided spambotting

John