[thelist] Email Obfuscation may be beaten?

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 17:29:45 CST 2004

on 01/02/2004 09:46 John C Bullas wrote:

>>> can you post the script (or make it available) for us to use locally?
>

> quick question....
>
> where does thetargetaddress at somedomain.com go?
> between the quotes in $encoded=""
>
> if so, how does this get around bots that read files as plain text files
> and sees the source
>
> FB
>
> Sorry, I am confused

I'd use the code to create a form that you'd use once in a while to
create the ascii encoded bits. This is better that doing it 'inline' as
1. it doesn't have to be used on a php page
2. your server isn't doing the same bit of work every time.

If all you want is the output, just use the form on my page above.

kr,
Liam