[thelist] FIR Shortcoming?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Feb 2 11:24:54 CST 2004

Stephen,

The difference seems to be that you explicitly set the width of the A tag in
the CSS.  I tried that and it didn't work.  Then I realized a second
difference... my header div is absolutely positioned.  So, I copied the
positioning into the A and it worked.  My final code is as follows:

[Other stuff]

#header {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 200px;
  height: 42px;
}

#header h1 {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 200px;
  height: 42px;
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
}

#header h1 span {
  display: none;
}

#header h1 a {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 200px;
  height: 42px;
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  text-decoration: none;
  border: none;
}

Thank you for your help and the learned lesson.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/