[thelist] Recommendations for a database driven website

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Feb 2 14:04:04 CST 2004

Rodrigo Galindez wrote:

>   My question is: Do you recommend mySQL for large web site developing ? I
> mean, is mySQL stable, with that amount of data ? Is mySQL stable with a
> large amount of transactions ?

I don't know what you mean by "large" but I'd recommend you get on
the MySQL users mailing list (mysql at lists.mysql.com). There are
folks doing pretty large-scale deployments with MySQL who may be
able to give you specific advice and examples...

> What language do you recommend for server side scripting in
> projects of this caracteristics ?

Java/JSP, for a lot of reasons, but choice of language is dependent
on your own resources, eh? What do you know best? Or maybe, what do
you want to be maintaining in a year or five? :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.