[thelist] Apache: Setting up SSL on local dev machine

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Mon Feb 2 22:23:30 CST 2004

I do a lot of e-commerce stuff, and use SSL on the remote servers. For some
reason my default installation of Apache 1.3x/Win  doesn't recognize
https:// request.  If I point to https://mydomain.com/myproject/index.cfm
it just stalls, then the browser times out.

Can someone suggest how I can get my server to respond to https requests?

This is a personal development machine, I don't want to spend $ to buy a
Thawt certificate. Is this, or other software necessary? I can't seem to
wrap my mind around it.

Thanks.

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.