[thelist] Calling a sproc from VB

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Wed Feb 4 15:32:00 CST 2004

Anthony Baratta wrote:
> At 11:40 AM 2/4/2004, Tab Alleman wrote:

>> And a fatal error occurred, would I get to see what the error was?
>> Obviously it wouldn't be in my OUTPUT parameter.  Where would it be?
>> How can I get my VB app to spit it out?
>
> Like I said previously I don't use output parameters. By returning the
> error info via the Select statement it works just like getting
> data/rowset from the database.

That's the part I don't know.  The only way I know how to get Output
from a sproc is through OUTPUT parameters.

If I do several SELECTS in the sproc that create ResultSets which would
normally get printed in the ResultPane of QA, how could I access those
ResultSets in a VB App that called the Sproc?  Or can you only get one
ResultSet per sproc that way?

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **