[thelist] Access Keys

Dave Holloway daveholloway at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 6 12:26:53 CST 2004

David Dorward wrote:

> All of them

I agree with David completely on this one. I have recently installed the
German version of Windows 2000 with IE6Deutsch and Firebird0.7Deutsch.
These browsers all have different shortcut keys so accesskeys really
should be avoided unless you want to confuse and bewilder your visitors.

Instead, use numbers (as already suggested) or design the site with
tight and simple navigation that can be easily accessed quickly using a
text-browser or a visual browser by using the tabkey.

Regards

Little Dave