[thelist] My ongoing problem with Google and the Studio Stitches site

John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 08:36:59 CST 2004

At 12:56 06/02/2004, John C Bullas wrote:
>At 02:16 06/02/2004, you wrote:
>>Hello List!
>>
>>A couple of weeks ago I posted to this list asking for some assistance with
>>a site at www.studiostitches.com.au which is giving me ongoing grief.
>>
>>The difficulty is that Google does not find any information that is on the
>>sub-pages of the site.
>>
>>A couple of people were very helpful and suggested that the java menu might
>>be causing probs and many thanks for those suggestions.  As suggested, I
>>added a simple <a href=...> menu at the bottom of the page.
>>
>>Anyway, Google has now reindexed the page but the sub pages are still being
>>ignored.

are there any issues with what it is trying to index, can it see the extra
pages?

do you have logs of the google bot actually reading them?

like......       User Agent = Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; Ask Jeeves/Teoma)
etc etc

did you give Google the right starting point?

The "googlebot" should be able to spider your site with the backdoor links
bottom left anyway... (nice)

check to see if you exist elsewhere on Yahoo etc?

FB